On this page you will find many resources to help you and your family make healthy eating choices as well as how to eat well on a budget. There are helpful tips for grocery shopping, lowering sugar in your family’s diet, and ways to make a healthy lifestyle part of every member of your family’s life. When parents serve as healthy role models, kids will follow, leading to a healthier life for everyone.
Click on the links below to find available resources to help your family get on the path to healthier living.
Healthy Eating Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- 28 Days to a Healthier Heart
- USDA: ChooseMyPlate.Gov - Tons of tips, sample menus, etc. for all members of your family.
- Nourish Interactive- Information, resources, and activities for parents, teachers, and kids.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Eatright.org - National Nutrition Month Handouts and Tip Sheets
- Nutrition for Kids - Links and Activities Just for Kids
- Sesame Street - Food for Thought - Eating Well on a Budget (Resource Packet)
- Sesame Street: Child Friendly Recipes
- Sesame Street: Healthy Eating - videos, printables, and games to encourage healthy eating
- WebMD: Raising Fit Kids - Healthy Nutrition Exercise, and Weight
- PBS Kids: Healthy Kids - recipes, tips, games, and activities to encourage kids to eat healthy for life
Healthy Eating Tip Sheets and Lists:
- 14 Healthy Tips for 2014
- 25 Healthy Snacks for Kids
- Anytime and Sometime Food Chart
- Cut Back on Your Kid's Sweet Treats
- Eating Better on a Budget
- Grocery List
- Be a Healthy Role Model for Children
- Eat Right for a Healthy Weight
- Be an Active Family